BOOST YOUR SKINCARE REGIMEN WITH THIS HOLY GRAIL PLANT OIL
Today's post is olive squalane, an ingredient we call the holy grail for all skin types from oily to sensitive and dry. Have you tried olive squalane?
For those of you who haven't heard of squalane before, this wonderful all natural ingredient is super beneficial as a type of natural skin treatment.
WHAT IS SQUALANE?
Safe and compatible with your skin - Our skin's sebum actually contains about 12% of natural squalane. Squalane levels in our skin peak in our early 20s and then decline very rapidly. When using Squalane, we're actually using an ingredient that is very safe and compatible with our skin regardless of what skin type you have. This means even people with oily skin will find this ingredient particularly helpful because it won't clog pores or leave behind a greasy feel.
Olive Squalane -Squalane can be found in large quantities in shark liver, but don't worry, we use one that comes from Olive Oil! Olive Squalane contains the largest percentage of squalane of all the common vegetable oils.
WHY LOVE SQUALANE?
- Squalane is known to prevent UV damage on skin, speed healing of skin and an extremely beneficial ingredient for eczema, psoriasis and delicate & sensitive skin.
- Squalane is extremely fast absorbing and penetrates right into the skin which means it works extremely well as a moisturiser to instantly soften and smooth skin.
- The texture of Squalane is easy to love because it doesn't feel greasy, glides like silk and is odourless.
- Even at a concentration of 2%, Squalane is an effective ingredient and our SIMPLY SQUALANE facial oil is complete Squalane at a full 100% concentration.
HOW WOULD I USE A SQUALANE FACE OIL?
- As a make-up primer, Squalane is the completely natural and effective make-up skin primer because it leaves a smooth and silky feel on the skin; the perfect canvas for make up application.
- Can be applied as a moisturiser in the morning and/or night on its own or underneath sunscreen/night cream etc.
Just click to here to check out what users of Squalane have to say about this awesome ingredient via Makeup Alley reviews
Leave a comment