GOLDEN TURMERIC MILK TEA
With powerful anti-cancer and immune supporting benefits, this simple turmeric milk tea recipe makes a delicious warming tea that tastes like chai but with better anti-cancer benefits. I've found it to be a relaxing drink perfect before bedtime so it can work its magic in my sleep.
If you don't have Turmeric in your pantry, get on it because you'll be amazed at just how beneficial this simple little spice can be for your health. Turmeric is recommended by naturopaths, nutritionists, doctors, etc for their anti-cancer (yes its helps reduce growth of cancer cells), anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties. In the book "Anti-cancer" by David Servan-Schreiber, turmeric contains potent anti-cancer components called curcumin which is best absorbed in our bodies when activated with pepper and olive oil.
Here is my go-to recipe for golden turmeric milk tea which is adapted from my 2 favourite nutrition blogs via Wellness Mama and Nutritionstripped. The warming combination of ginger, turmeric, and cinnamon is just gold.
- 2 cups of milk ( Any milk is fine - I soak a handful of cashews the night before and blend with 2 cups of water the next morning to make my own cashew nut milk)
- 1 tablespoon of 100% maple syrup (or your choice of sweetener - honey, agave syrup, rice malt syrup etc.)
- Half a tablespoon of organic extra virgin olive oil and half a tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- A pinch of black pepper and a slice or two of fresh ginger
- You can add optional sprinkles of ground cloves and nutmeg if you want to really want to top it up a notch.